Monday, January 26, 2009

Chicken Tarna Wrap Calories

"Britannica & I" & I

Vorneweg: The picture with the chubby cheeks a few below was not doctored with an image editing tool yet because I was bored and I took the fun of a tennis ball full in the mouth. It's all real (no silicone, everything is real).

Originally I wanted to pay homage this entry again with the freedom of bloggers and a pointless entry after the scheme: "Do you know that the Merovingian king Clovis the first anno 496 in the Cathedral of Reims by Remigius baptized Well, I know, my incredible education and NOT about an upcoming French Unit are you?". But as I remembered exactly this pattern something better.

Namely the time I read the book "The Know " by AJ Jacobs. I've borrowed from my many years of fast-classmate Alex D. (of which I got way back then, the whole funny Tommy Jaud-books). A very funny book that describes the true story of AJ Jacobs about his insane project - the man wants the smartest Man in the world and must make the Britannica read an encyclopedia. In other words, he wants to beat the "33 000 pages, 65 000 articles, 32 are each about two-pound belts, and 44 million words" (quote from the book). A nice challenge. He leads with The Know almost a diary of his intellectual progress, here and there, he comments on the articles. The whole is written in a very entertaining (the man is a journalist, he must have something on it).

is less positive (besides the fact that as Americans, the book, due to various B-celebrities and not are translatable things probably a lot more entertaining) would that I had to scratch after the first few at a time read articles once in the head. I had the feeling that I would have beat me by "33 000 pages, 65 000 articles, 32 are each about two-pound belts, and 44 million words," at the time of flood information. As if I had decided that Britannica read, and not the good AJ. One must read this book not too many pages in a row, if you do not end with a feeling that is a mixture of male and Windows blue screen, would like. But now I do it this way: The book is next God's Word and prayer book my days reading. The distributed as gigabytes of virtual information generously to small, bite-sized morsels and invoked the preposterous (Quote Albi ) brain with almost. All in one I can recommend this book to every friend of funny, but professional experience written stories.

Finally, I would like to make here a little promotion for the just linked the blog of my good buddy Albi aka Alvin . He is new to the business, but now writes extremely amusing. I'm curious on how it looks in a few weeks when he first buck no longer here on this waste of time added.

In this sense, I read Britannica & not so in large quantities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment